FASCIA WORKSHOP with SANDY
(using YOGA TUNE-UP THERAPY BALLS)
Yoga is an important part of living a healthy life, along with other aspects of self-care – eating well, getting sufficient rest, engaging with family and friends and investing in other modalities of physical care.
As part of physical care, Sandy is leading a workshop in the proper use of Yoga Tune-Up Therapy Balls (“YTU Balls”), focusing on the ability of the YTU Balls to target the myofascial network, described in Physiopedia as “an extensive layered structure of connective tissue that surrounds muscles, blood vessels, and nerves, binding some structures together, while permitting others to slide smoothly over each other”. It is literally a phenomenon found everywhere in our body.
Using the YTU Balls properly heats up and lubricates joints and connective tissue while increasing blood flow to target areas. Learning how to correctly manipulate the motion of the balls can immediately affect the body’s pain and stretch receptors, recalibrating how the body processes soreness, stiffness or hurt.
In the workshop you will learn a variety of techniques to:
- stimulate strength and deposition of collagen (building block of connective tissue)
- increase mobility through hydration of the tissues
- address proprioception, recovery, scar tissue, pain response and the autonomic nervous system (a network of nerves throughout the body that control unconscious processes, such as breathing and heart beating)
- Sunday, September 18th at 3:00-4:30pm
- Cost is $45, which includes one set of Yoga Tune-Up Therapy Balls
- Cost is $20 for workshop only; Monthly Unlimited Member pays $19
- Limited to 8 students. Studio may expand limit subject to interest
- Payment via etransfer only. Thank you.
Sandy believes in fascia work. Join her and see why.